There is this old saying about food, and it goes something like this… “You are what you consume.” Or something along those lines. This phrase is somewhat accurate since whatever we eat will undoubtedly contribute to our overall health. It means if you eat unhealthy food, expect negative results on your health in the future. If you eat healthy meals daily, then you can ensure to have a healthy body, that is of course with exercise and proper diet. What if I tell you that there are healthy food shapes out there that can help your body become healthier?
There are a lot of foods that resemble certain human body parts. I don’t mean it in a macabre way, but they just merely akin to it. These foods not just resemble certain parts of the human anatomy, but are also useful to the body. It’s time to look at various fruits and vegetables differently from now on with the following healthy selections.
Healthy Food Shapes: Fruits
Let’s start first with fruits. For some of them have that appearance that is undeniable looks like human body parts, like:
- Grapefruits – Not a grape but citrus, this fruit resembles the female mammary glands. This fruit helps in the movement of lymph in and out of the breast as well as its development.
- Grapes – Whenever you look at a bunch of grapes, what thing comes into your mind? Well, for some of us, it resembles the alveoli of the lungs. In reality, it aids in the circulation of blood and avoids the body for contracting lung cancer and emphysema.
- Bananas – Well, what can I say, as well as it resembles the, you know, the thing. It also resembles the smile because of its curve. Bananas have that protein called tryptophan which if consumed and processed by the body, is converted into serotonin. Serotonin is the one responsible for sending happy chemicals into the brain.
- Tomatoes – Alright, alright, yes tomatoes are fruits, yet they are still considered as a vegetable. These excellent fruits are packed with a lot of vitamins and minerals essential to the body. I want to list them down here, but that will be a topic for another.
Healthy Food Shapes: Vegetables
Alright, let’s go now with our favorite veggies. Here are a few of them that is good for your body:
- Onion – Onions have similarity to the human body cells. Onions help the body cells clean wastes out of the body. Onions have these phytochemicals which improve the effectivity of Vitamin C. Thus, making it easier for the body to absorb it. With this, it helps improve the immune system of the body.
- Celery – Celery stalks have that similarity to the bones, and since it contains a healthy amount of sodium which is essential for bone growth. Aside from this, it also includes a lot of other chemicals that are essential to the body.
- Carrots – There is a popular idea that the British military made you believe back in WW2 (the “carrots are good for your eyes” thing). Thus, this holds the truth, since carrots enhance the eyes by improving blood flow through it.
Some food has that takeaway appearance that tells us that they are perfect for the body. So, when you visit the grocery, you already know what to grab that is good for your health.