Check out some of the other benefits of apples below.
-Apples are a good source of dietary fiber, which can help keep you regular and may lower your risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.
-Apples contain polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that may help protect your cells from damage.
-Apples are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for maintaining your immune system health.
-Eating an apple a day may also help keep your weight in check. Apples are a low-calorie food and contain filling fiber, which can help you feel fuller longer.
So the next time you’re looking for a nutritious snack, reach for an apple instead of a bag of chips! Not only will you be doing your body a favor, but you’ll also be enjoying one of nature’s tastiest fruits.
How can you incorporate apples into your diet?
Now that you know all the benefits of apples, why not try incorporating them into your diet? Apples are a versatile fruit and can be eaten raw or cooked in a variety of dishes. You can also add them to your favorite smoothie or juice recipe. Try one of these recipes:
Apple and Sage Pork Tenderloin
-1 pork tenderloin
-1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
-1/4 cup diced onion
-1/4 cup diced celery
-1/4 cup diced carrot
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon rubbed sage
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1/2 cup chicken broth
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine apple, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, sage, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.
3. Place tenderloin onto a baking pan and place apple mixture on top.
4. Pour chicken broth around the pork loin.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F as measured by a meat thermometer.
Enjoy! Makes 4 servings
-Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich
-4 slices of bread
-1 cooked chicken breast, chopped into small pieces
-2 cups chopped apples (about 2 medium)
-1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
-1/2 cup chopped celery (about 1 large stalk)
-3 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
-1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Toast bread and prepare chicken salad. In a large bowl, mix together chopped chicken, apples, cranberries or raisins, celery, and mayonnaise or salad dressing until well combined.
2. Spread chicken salad on toasted bread slices and serve immediately or make a sandwich. Makes 4 servings
-5 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples (about 5 large)
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/3 cup packed brown sugar
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-3 tablespoons butter or margarine
-1/4 cup old fashioned oats
-1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter or spray a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine the apples, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
3. Dot with butter or margarine. Combine oats and nuts; sprinkle over apples.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until topping is golden brown and apples are soft.
Serve warm with ice cream
We hope you find this information helpful!